This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Navigation Pane Helper Add-In, by Colin Riddington
- Access Europe User Group, by Colin Riddington
- AEU1- Inaugural Meeting (Colin & Alessandro), by Colin Riddington
- AEU3: Classic vs Modern Charts (Crystal Long), by Colin Riddington
- AEU5: Build Ribbon Interfaces in Code (Mike Wolfe), by Colin Riddington
- AEU6: 32 to 64-bit Conversion (Peter Cole), by Colin Riddington
- Hidden Message Challenge, by Colin Riddington
- JET ShowPlan Manager Add-In, by Colin Riddington
- How to be a Data Centric Company, by Maria Barnes
- Bug Alert: Wizards Don't Work with MVFs and Attachment Fields, by Mike Wolfe
- HOW TO: Handle Excel Events in a twinBASIC COM Addin, by Mike Wolfe
- AccessImagine: ActiveX Picture Control for Access, by Mike Wolfe
- Adding References from VBA, by Mike Wolfe
- Access Job Interview Questions, by Mike Wolfe
- Colin Riddington [Isladogs] (YouTube channel)
- Nav Pane Add-in (2:26): Navigation Pane Helper Add-In
- Crystal Long (YouTube channel)
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Delete Queries (13:38): How to Create a Delete Query to Delete Records from Tables in Microsoft Access
- Year Month Day (11:18): How to Use the Year, Month, & Day Functions to Get Parts of a Date in Microsoft Access
- Sort by Month (9:11): How to Sort by Month in Microsoft Access (Alphabetically and Chronologically) Using Month, MonthName
- Reports Not Updating (9:44): Reports Not Updating in Microsoft Access? Automatically Refresh Before Print or Preview.
- New Hire Emails (18:15): How to Automatically Assign Email Addresses to New Hires in Microsoft Access
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- Things You Should Know About Databases, by Mahdi Yusuf
- Stop Visual Basic 6 From Changing My Casing, answered by user wqw (aka, Vladimir Vissoultchev): The Q&A refer to VB6, but may also apply to VBA (I haven't tested it yet). It has gotten my wheels turning for a potential way to enforce project-wide variable casing consistency with the help of twinBASIC. Possibly more to come...stay tuned.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- September 1, 2022: Jack Stockton - Codifying Long Names into Unique Codes
- September 7, 2022: Colin Riddington - Optimizing Queries and the Use of JETSHOWPLAN
- September 15, 2022: George Hepworth - Book Collection Management Using Power Apps (and Access) (ADDED THIS WEEK!!!)
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Cataloguing and searching emails with Access
- October 6, 2022: Brian Krotine - Hosting Access Applications "in the cloud"
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- December 7, 2022: Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- January 4, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-08-20) and this week (2022-08-27).
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)