This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Access Forever
- Two Font Display Issues in Version 2309, by Colin Riddington
- Mathieu Guindon (Rubberduck VBA)
- Noah (Dykoski?) (Arkware)
- Daniel Pineault (DEVelopers HUT)
- Colin Riddington (Isladogs on Access)
- Crystal Long (Ms Access Gurus | Access Access Newsletter)
- Mike Wolfe (NoLongerSet)
- Access 101: Bound vs. Unbound Forms
- Access 101: A Quick Start Guide to Microsoft Access
- Create Standalone Functions to Return User Input Values in Microsoft Access
- GetInfoForm(): Get User Input Without Needing a Global Form
- Pass Values Between Forms in Access Without Using a Hidden Global Form
- twinBASIC Update: October 1, 2023
- Week in Review: September 30, 2023
Alessandro Grimaldi (YouTube channel)
- File Manager class (00:56)
Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Option Group (22:02): Using Option Groups in Microsoft Access: Procedure Tracking
- MoveSize (16:33): Controlling Opening Form Position in Microsoft Access with the MoveSize VBA Command
- HasValue (16:50): Create a HasValue Function in Microsoft Access VBA to Check Null, Empty Values
- VBA Loops (10:57): Microsoft Access VBA Loops: A Comprehensive Overview & Summary
Daniel Pineault (YouTube channel)
Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube channel)
Edcelle John Gulfan (YouTube channel)
- Drag & Drop (01:24): Drag and Drop files in Ms Access
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
Nothing new this week.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- October 19, 2023: Alessandro Grimaldi - "VBA Pills" - Access Tips and Tricks
- October 31, 2023: Crystal Long - Two free tools: List Objects from your Access Databases and Code Documenter (JUST ADDED)
- November 1, 2023: John Heaser - Extending Access with SQL Server – including Geography data
- November 2, 2023: John Colby - Event Driven Programming: Part II (Part I recording)
- November 16, 2023: Alexander Denz - ChatGPT in Access
- November 22-23, 2023: (IN-PERSON!) UK Access User Group Conference (at the offices of Gordon Associates in Cheltenham)
- December 6, 2023: Mike Wolfe - Streamline Your Import/Export Spec Workflow with VBA Classes
- January 3, 2024: Ramachandran (A.P.R.) Pillai - Streamlining the Form Module Code in the standalone Class Module
- February 7, 2024: Carlos Quintero - Features of MZ-Tools to make you more productive with VBA
- March 6, 2024: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts in the new Edge Browser Control
- April 3, 2024: Dale Fye - Working with Command Bars and the Access Shortcut Tool
- May 1, 2024: Colin Riddington - View & Edit Import/Export (IMEX) Data Task Specifications
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between the last Week in Review (2023-09-30) and this one (2023-10-07).
The development priorities were last updated on October 12, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Our Road Ahead - Microsoft Access Engineering Priorities Oct 2022.
New priorities added since the previous set of priorities are shown in bold below. Dropped priorities are struck through.
- Continued Focus on Monthly Issue Fixes (Monthly Issue Fix Blog)
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New Macro Signing Support
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Floating Point
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Rich Text
- Dataverse Connector support to export to a specific Dataverse solution or publisher
Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access SQL Monaco Editor New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
NOV 2023: Making 32-bit Access Large Address Aware (LAA)
APR 2023: Modern Web Browser Control
MAR 2023: New Modern Web Browser Form Control