This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
a.p.r. pillai (Learn MS-Access Tips and Tricks)
Daniel Pineault (DEVelopers HUT)
Colin Riddington (Isladogs on Access)
Mike Wolfe (NoLongerSet)
- Access User Group Recordings (YouTube channel)
- Creating Calendar Format Reports (46:39): by Duane Hookom
- Migrating Access Tables to SQL Server, Comparison of Methods (1:42:18): by Tom Wickerath and George Hepworth
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Quick Queries #9 (55:14): General Read Error, Price Changes, ChatGPT Stuff, ACCDR, More!
- Double-Entry Accounting (19:23): Double-Entry Accounting in Microsoft Access
- Next Business Day (18:01): How to Find the Next or Previous Business Day in Microsoft Access
- Tech Help + Fast Tips (2:12): TechHelp and Fast Tips are Merging Into One Series!
- Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube MS Access playlist)
- Random Sample Dataset (Short): How to Create a Random Sample Dataset in Microsoft Access
- Synchronize Combo Boxes (7:35): Streamline User Selection with Synchronized Combo Boxes in Microsoft Access
- Frequency Distributions (Short): Create Frequency Distributions in Microsoft Access with the Partition Function
- Database Templates (5:48): Discover Time-Saving Templates in Microsoft Access for Your Applications
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- Nothing new this week.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- April 20, 2023: Tom van Stiphout - Northwind 2.0 Is Here!
- April 25, 2023: Maria Barnes - What's New with Access?
- April 27-28, 2023: Access DevCon Vienna
- May 3, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- May 4, 2023: Eric Blomquist - Standardizing Form and List Filtering using VBA Classes (JUST ADDED)
- June 7, 2023: Thomas Pfoch - Maps for Microsoft Access
- July 5, 2023: Aleksander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- August 2, 2023: Thomas Möller - (topic details to follow)
- September 6, 2023: Juanjo Luna - Blazor: making a webApp
- October 4, 2023: Juan Soto - The Future of Access
- November 1, 2023: John Heaser - Extending Access with SQL Server – including Geography data
- December 6, 2023: Mike Wolfe - (topic to be confirmed)
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between the last Week in Review (2023-04-08) and this one (2023-04-15).
The development priorities were last updated on October 12, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Our Road Ahead - Microsoft Access Engineering Priorities Oct 2022.
New priorities added since the previous set of priorities are shown in bold below. Dropped priorities are struck through.
- Continued Focus on Monthly Issue Fixes (Monthly Issue Fix Blog)
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New Macro Signing Support
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Floating Point
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Rich Text
- Dataverse Connector support to export to a specific Dataverse solution or publisher
Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access SQL Monaco Editor New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
APR 2023: Modern Web Browser Control
MAR 2023: New Modern Web Browser Form Control