This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Insert pictures into OLE fields on Win11 problem is fixed, by Karl Donaubauer
- Display bugs in Access 365 Version 2302, by Colin Riddington
Maria Barnes (Business Data Bytes Newsletter)
Daniel Pineault (DEVelopers HUT)
Colin Riddington (Isladogs on Access)
Mike Wolfe (NoLongerSet)
Access User Group Recordings (YouTube channel)
- Bad Data is Bad for Business: Which event should you use to validate data? (1:07:49): by Pat Hartman
- Optimizing Queries in SQL Server (51:39): by Maria Barnes
Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Between Dates (18:14): Show Paid Orders Between Two Dates in Microsoft Access
Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube MS Access playlist)
- Make Your Own QR Codes in Word (13:49): Embed QR Codes In Your Mailings or Invitations with Word
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
Nothing new this week.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- March 15, 2023: Juan Soto (?) - SQL Server with Access Academy Part V – Security with SQL Server and Access (JUST ADDED)
- March 16, 2023: Phil Ferrero - Using Chart.js in Access (JUST ADDED)
- April 5, 2023: Duane Hookom - Creating calendar format reports
- April 6, 2023: Tom Wickerath and George Hepworth - Migrating Access Tables to SQL Server, a Comparison of Methods
- April 25, 2023: Maria Barnes - What's New with Access? (JUST ADDED)
- April 27-28, 2023: Access DevCon Vienna
- May 3, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- June 7, 2023: Thomas Pfoch - Maps for Microsoft Access
- July 5, 2023: Aleksander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- August 2, 2023: Thomas Möller - (topic details to follow)
- September 6, 2023: Juanjo Luna - Blazor: making a webApp
- October 4, 2023: Juan Soto - The Future of Access
- November 1, 2023: John Heaser - Extending Access with SQL Server – including Geography data
- December 6, 2023: Mike Wolfe - (topic to be confirmed)
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between the last Week in Review (2023-03-04) and this one (2023-03-11).
The development priorities were last updated on October 12, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Our Road Ahead - Microsoft Access Engineering Priorities Oct 2022.
New priorities added since the previous set of priorities are shown in bold below. Dropped priorities are struck through.
- Continued Focus on Monthly Issue Fixes (Monthly Issue Fix Blog)
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New Macro Signing Support
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Floating Point
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Rich Text
- Dataverse Connector support to export to a specific Dataverse solution or publisher
Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access SQL Monaco Editor New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
APR 2023: Modern Web Browser Control
MAR 2023: New Modern Web Browser Form Control