This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Exporting All Access Tables into Excel Workbook, by a.p.r. pillai
- SQL for Query to List Object Names in Access database, by Crystal Long
- Developing Project Requirements and Specifications, by Daniel Pineault
- Access Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts, by Daniel Pineault
- Add References using code, by Colin Riddington
- UPDATED: Currency Exchange Rate Tracker, by Colin Riddington
- UPDATED: UK Postal Address Finder, by Colin Riddington
- UPDATED: JSON Analyse & Transform for Access, by Colin Riddington
- Democratization of your data during design, by Maria Barnes
- Timeline for VBA Macros Blocked by Default in Microsoft Office, by Mike Wolfe
- Populating a List Box with the TempVars Collection, by Mike Wolfe
- tblTempVar: Creating and Populating a Table of TempVars, by Mike Wolfe
- VIDEO: Design Patterns with Access, by Mike Wolfe
- Getting the Temp Folder in VBA, by Mike Wolfe
- Colin Riddington [Isladogs] (YouTube channel)
- Annotate Google Maps in Access (48:26): Originally presented during Access DevCon 2022
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Daniel Pineault (YouTube channel)
- VBA - File and Folder Dialogs (18:44)
- Sending Emails with VBA (52:48)
- MS Access Pivot Tables and Charts (27:13)
- Splitting a Database and Creating Persistent Connections (24:48)
- Microsoft Access Slow Offline (2:46)
- Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube MS Access playlist)
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
Nothing to show here this week.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Cataloguing and searching emails with Access
- October 6, 2022:
Brian Krotine - Hosting Access Applications "in the cloud"Linda Ewen - Cleaning up Duplicates in Large Data Sets (UPDATED)
- October 25, 2022: Duane Hookom - Embedding a Table of Contents into a Report (JUST ADDED)
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- November 3, 2022: Ned Pajic - Hosting Access Applications "in the cloud" (JUST ADDED)
- December 7, 2022:
Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in AccessColin Riddington - Annotating Google Maps in Access (UPDATED)
- January 4, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-09-24) and this week (2022-10-01). The Access roadmap was last updated on May 31, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)