This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
Mathieu Guindon (Rubberduck VBA)
Daniel Pineault (DEVelopers HUT)
Colin Riddington (Isladogs on Access)
Mike Wolfe (NoLongerSet)
Colin Riddington [Isladogs] (YouTube channel)
Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Load Faster (14:59): How to Make Microsoft Access Forms Seem To Load Faster by Using a Timer Event
- Date Buttons (18:30): Create Buttons to Change a Date Field in Microsoft Access. Move Up/Down Days or Weeks With One Click
- Top X Numbered Rows (11:10): Select the Top X Records (Top 10, Top 20%, etc.) in a Microsoft Access Query with Numbered Rows
- Access Rewind (YouTube Short): Richard's "Week-in-Review" for his own videos
Daniel Pineault (YouTube channel)
Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube MS Access playlist)
- Track Productivity (7:36): How to Build an Andon/Kaizen Board for Your Business
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- Bubbly Run-Time Errors, by Mathieu Guindon
- MS Access: Enhanced Message Box Replacement, by Renaud Bompuis (as featured in Daniel Pineault's video linked above)
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- December 7, 2022: Colin Riddington - Annotating Google Maps in Access
- December 13, 2022: Juan Soto - Access with SQL Server Academy Part II (review Part I here)
- January 4, 2023: Karl Donaubauer - A baker's dozen of tips, tricks and tools in 60 minutes
- January 5, 2023: Juanjo Luna - Using REST/API calls with Access (Spanish to English translation will be provided)
- January 31, 2023: Colin Riddington - Translate & Speak Using Access
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
- February 2, 2023: Linda Ewen - (topic to be announced)
- March 1, 2023: Maria Barnes - Optimizing Queries in SQL Server
- April 5, 2023: Aleksander Wojtasz - (topic to be confirmed)
- May 3, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- June 7, 2023: Thomas Pfoch - Maps for Microsoft Access
- December 6, 2023: Mike Wolfe - (topic to be confirmed)
There were no changes to the roadmap between last week (2022-11-26) and this week (2022-12-03). The development priorities were last updated on October 12, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Our Road Ahead - Microsoft Access Engineering Priorities Oct 2022.
New priorities added since the previous set of priorities are shown in bold below. Dropped priorities are struck through.
- Continued Focus on Monthly Issue Fixes (Monthly Issue Fix Blog)
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New Macro Signing Support
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Floating Point
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Rich Text
- Dataverse Connector support to export to a specific Dataverse solution or publisher
Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access SQL Monaco Editor New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector