This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
Mathieu Guindon (Rubberduck VBA)
Daniel Pineault (DEVelopers HUT)
Colin Riddington (Isladogs on Access)
- Message Box Constants & Values
- UPDATED: The WizHook Object - Hidden & Undocumented
- Align Text With Spacers
- Access Keyboard Shortcuts
- UPDATED: School Payments System
- UPDATED: Exam Timer
- UPDATED: Control the Application Interface
- UPDATED: Attention Seeking Database
- UPDATED: Access News & Events
- UPDATED: Student ICT Database
- UPDATED: SDA Link
Mike Wolfe (NoLongerSet)
- Access User Group Recordings (YouTube channel)
- Table of Contents in Access Report (1:11:49): plus User Interface for Custom Queries/Reports, QBF by Duane Hookom
- Colin Riddington [Isladogs] (YouTube channel)
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Application Title (21:58): How to Change the Database Application Title in Microsoft Access Using VBA+
- Cyber Monday Sale (1:46): Richard really hates Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
- Other Names (22:54): How to Handle Maiden Names, Nicknames, and Middle Names in Microsoft Accesss
- Database Icon (16:18): Check Icon File: How to Update the Database Icon if Folder Renamed or Moved in Microsoft Access
- Access Rewind (YouTube Short): Richard's "Week-in-Review" for his own videos
- Daniel Pineault (YouTube channel)
- Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube MS Access playlist)
- 6 Communication Methods (8:46): 6 Easy Methods to Help Your Users
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
Nothing new this week.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- November 29, 2022: Maria Barnes - VBA Signing in Microsoft Access (JUST ADDED)
- December 1, 2022: Kent Gorell - Managing Selection Lists for Quick Data Entry
- December 7, 2022: Colin Riddington - Annotating Google Maps in Access
- December 13, 2022: Juan Soto - Access with SQL Server Academy Part II (review Part I here)
- January 4, 2023: Karl Donaubauer - A baker's dozen of tips, tricks and tools in 60 minutes (TOPIC JUST UPDATED)
- January 5, 2023: Juanjo Luna - Using REST/API calls with Access (Spanish to English translation will be provided)
- January 31, 2023: Colin Riddington - Translate & Speak Using Access
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
- March 1, 2023: Maria Barnes - Optimizing Queries in SQL Server
- April 5, 2023: Aleksander Wojtasz - (topic to be confirmed)
- May 3, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- June 7, 2023: Thomas Pfoch - Maps for Microsoft Access
- December 6, 2023: Mike Wolfe - (topic to be confirmed)
There were no changes to the roadmap between last week (2022-11-19) and this week (2022-11-26). The development priorities were last updated on October 12, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Our Road Ahead - Microsoft Access Engineering Priorities Oct 2022.
New priorities added since the previous set of priorities are shown in bold below. Dropped priorities are struck through.
- Continued Focus on Monthly Issue Fixes (Monthly Issue Fix Blog)
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New Macro Signing Support
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Floating Point
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Rich Text
- Dataverse Connector support to export to a specific Dataverse solution or publisher
Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access SQL Monaco Editor New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector