This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Access – QR Code Generator, by Daniel Pineault
- Why Can't I Create an ACCDE file? A Troubleshooting Guide, by Colin Riddington
- UPDATED: JSON Analyse & Transform for Access (JATFA), by Colin Riddington
- UPDATED: Annotate Google Maps in Access, by Colin Riddington
- Oops - how did that make an ACCDE file?, by Colin Riddington
- AEU7: Optimising Queries & the JET ShowPlan, by Colin Riddington
- Introducing the NENAPUTS query: An "ambiguous outer joins" journey, by Colin Riddington
- Design your data with security in mind, by Maria Barnes
- 3 Benefits of Documenting Your Debugging Process, by Mike Wolfe
- 7 Ways to Loop Through Controls on a Microsoft Access Form, by Mike Wolfe
- ObscureInfo(): Hide Sensitive Information in Access Form Controls, by Mike Wolfe
- Access DevCon Vienna 2022 - Access Roadmap Update, by Mike Wolfe
- Understanding Signed and Unsigned Numbers in VBA, by Mike Wolfe
Congratulations to Richard Rost on 20 years of computer training videos, 50,000 customers, and 37+ Million YouTube views!
- Access User Group Recordings (YouTube channel)
- Colin Riddington [Isladogs] (YouTube channel)
- Access Version Checker (8:13): Ultimate Access Version & References Checker ADD-IN
- Crystal Long (YouTube channel)
- Word Doc Properties (14:06): Word Document Properties (Built-in and Custom) and Fields
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- 20 Years! (9:15): Computer Learning Zone's 20th Anniversary Giveaway!
- Check Box Color (20:09): How to Change the Color of a Check Box in Microsoft Access
- Requery Subform (35:44): How to Requery Records in a Subform Based on Criteria From the Parent Form in Microsoft Access
- Button Shortcut Keys (15:50): Use Shortcut Keys, Default, and Cancel Properties to Push Command Buttons in Microsoft Access
- Open Form to a New Record (14:13): How to Open a Form and Go To a New Record and a Specific Field in Microsoft Access
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- September 13, 2022: Juan Soto (?) - SQL Server with Access Academy Part 1
- September 15, 2022: George Hepworth - Book Collection Management Using Power Apps (and Access)
- September 27, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Using Text-to-Speech (TTS) in Access (JUST ADDED)
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Cataloguing and searching emails with Access
- October 6, 2022: Brian Krotine - Hosting Access Applications "in the cloud"
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- December 7, 2022: Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- January 4, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-09-03) and this week (2022-09-10).
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)