This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Access Issues Fixed in the May 2022 Monthly Release, by Michael Aldridge
- Bug – Report Borders Not Showing, by Daniel Pineault
- Compact the Current Database, by Daniel Pineault
- To Flow, or Not To Flow, That is the Question! by Daniel Pineault
- Distribute Database Via PowerShell, by Daniel Pineault
- Changes to Access Roadmap, by Colin Riddington
- Access Issues Fixed, by Colin Riddington
- Debunking Myths about the Autoexec Macro, by Colin Riddington
- Listbox Mouse Move Item Tooltips, by Colin Riddington
- Drawing Circles on Access Reports, by Crystal Long (strive4peace)
- Single or multiple spaces same as empty string in Access
- Transfer Field to Array in VBA
- Selecting a VB6 DLL reference in one Access file somehow selects it in another
- Transfering attached documents in Access to a Word Template
- Shorthand to Create an Array of Integers n1-n2
- Assign Values "directly" to an array in VBA
- Upload files to a DB table using a button on a form
- Crystal Long (YouTube channel)
- Big Checkbox for Yes/No (2:19): Big Checkbox in Access with Conditional Formatting
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Date Criteria (18:00): Create a Query Showing Records Between Two Dates in Microsoft Access. Properly Using Date Criteria.
- Sales Chart (21:58): Create a Chart Showing Monthly Sales in Microsoft Access using Modern Charts, Forecast in Excel
- Access Beginner 2, Level 5 (20:25): Trusted Locations, Form Design, Relationships, Combo Boxes
- Rounding Errors (10:49): How to Fix Rounding Errors in Microsoft Access when Calculating Commissions, Sales Tax, etc.
- Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube channel)
- Table Formatting (9:05): Format Datasheets Like Excel Spreadsheets
- Referential Integrity (5:44): How to Enforce Referential Integrity and Why
- Table Relationships (8:58)
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- UDT's, by Bill McCarthy: Detailed information about creating UDTs in VBx, especially for use with API calls (includes discussion of differences between
- 10 Tips for improving body language during virtual meetings, by Jelena Fisic
- CreateObject(“Outlook.Application”) Does Not Work, Now What? by Daniel Pineault
- Report Draw Reference and VBA Syntax, by Crystal Long (strive4peace): This page contains a full reference on all the methods available for drawing custom shapes at runtime on Access reports. It also includes several downloadable samples and a video demonstrating several techniques.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- July 6, 2022: Mike Wolfe - Building Ribbon Interfaces in Code
- July 21, 2022: Richard Rost - Custom List Box Columns
- August 3, 2022: Peter Cole - Automating 32-bit to 64-bit VBA Conversion
- September 1, 2022: Jack Stockton - Codifying Long Names into Unique Codes
- September 7, 2022: Colin Riddington - Optimizing Queries and the Use of JETSHOWPLAN
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Graphical Interfaces in Access
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- December 7, 2022: Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- January 4, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less connections to SQL Server
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-06-25) and this week (2022-07-02).
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)