This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Azure Web Services Don’t Do It! by Daniel Pineault
- Microsoft Access Roadmap Updated, Again, by Daniel Pineault
- Microsoft Access Gauges, by Daniel Pineault
- A Better Date Picker, by Colin Riddington
- Draw By Your Numbers… Follow the Data Paths and Connect the Dots, by Maria Barnes
- Finding Version of OFFICE 365 Build version with MS-Access VBA
- Speeding up Front End DB while still developing
- Phone Numbers Update
- Access User Group Recordings (YouTube channel)
- Standard Module Object Generation (53:37): presented by Alan Cossey for the Access Europe User Group
- Drawing Shapes in an Access Report (1:20:29): Creating the Periodic Table of Elements with Crystal Long for Access Pacific User Group
- Colin Riddington [Isladogs] (YouTube channel)
- A Better Date Picker (10:56)
- Crystal Long (YouTube channel)
- SubQuery in Criteria (2:03): Use Subquery as Criteria in Access Query (SubSelect statement compare to average) ~ DataPig
- Smart Parameters (2:31): Using Smart (Dynamic) Parameters in Access Queries ~ DataPig
- % of Total (3:19): Getting Percent of Total using the DSUM aggregate function ~ DataPig
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Large Check Box (15:41): How to Create a Large, Custom-Sized Checkbox in Microsoft Access Forms & Reports
- If Then (9:25): If, Then, ElseIf, Else, End If - Conditional Statements in Microsoft Access VBA (Visual Basic)
- Average Rank & Median (27:09): How to Calculate the Average, Rank, and Median Values of a Set of Records in Microsoft Access
- Gmail App Passwords (5:46): How to Configure App Passwords to use Gmail with Your Mail Program, Less Secure Apps, MS Access, VBA
- Access Beginner 2, Lesson 2 (12:51): Form Design, Intro to Relationships, Combo Boxes
NOTE: The new videos posted to Crystal's YouTube page are part of an effort to preserve the Access content of retiring creators.
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- Purpose of System Tables, by Colin Riddington
- Feast your eyes on three Microsoft Access infographics, by Mark Gillis
- Terrible Clients Explained With Pirates
- TSQL: How to use XML parameters in stored procedures, by Stephen Glasskeys
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- June 16, 2022: Karl Donaubauer - Design Patterns with Access
- July 6, 2022: Mike Wolfe - Building Ribbon Interfaces in Code
- August 3, 2022: Peter Cole - Automating 32-bit to 64-bit VBA Conversion
- September 1, 2022: Jack Stockton - Codifying Long Names into Unique Codes
- September 7, 2022: Colin Riddington - Optimizing Queries and the Use of JETSHOWPLAN
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Graphical Interfaces in Access
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- December 7, 2022: Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-06-04) and this week (2022-06-11).
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)