There are many little things that annoy me about the default report behavior in Access. Here's a brief list. I'll address each item in more detail in future articles.
This list applies to the default behavior of DoCmd.OpenReport:
- Auto-Print: Opening a report sends it directly to the printer with no on-screen preview
- Wrong Data: If you call OpenReport on a report that's already open, Access doesn't apply the new criteria to the report
- Unwarranted Errors: When you cancel report opening in the OnNoData event, Access raises an error
- Cascading Maximize: If you open a report from a windowed form, maximize the report, then close it, the windowed form from which you opened the report gets maximized
- Missing OpenArgs: Prior to Access 2007, OpenArgs was not supported for the OpenReport method