Microsoft recently released the new Edge-based browser control for Microsoft Access, as I wrote about here:
Unfortunately, good information on the control is still hard to come by. My goal with this page is to provide you with a one-stop shop for all the information available on the web related to the new Edge browser control.
Through my Week-in-Review article, I've got my finger on the pulse of the Microsoft Access community. What I've assembled below is–to my knowledge–the best available information on the new control.
- Reference: EdgeBrowserControl Object VBA Reference
- General Information: Use the Edge browser control on a form
- [18:00 excerpt] Joe Jimenez (primary developer of the modern browser control at Microsoft) presenting the control to the Denver Area Access User Group
- [1:05:17] Exploring the new Edge Browser Control with Access MVPs Maria Barnes, George Hepworth, and Colin Riddington
- [42:51] Exploring the new Edge Browser Control with Access MVP Daniel Pineault
The top experts on the new Edge browser control in the Access community are Access MVPs Daniel Pineault, Maria Barnes, and Colin Riddington.
DevHut.net - Daniel Pineault
- Everything You Never Wanted to Know About the Access Modern Web Browser Control
- Advanced Automation With The New Access Modern Web Browser Control
- Access Modern Web Browser Control – Merging PDFs
- Access Modern Web Browser Control – Splitting PDFs
- Access Modern Web Browser Control – Authorizing Access To Devices
- Access Modern Web Browser Control – Webcam
- Access Modern Web Browser Control – Bypassing Trusted Domains
Business Data Bytes - Maria Barnes
- Why should I convert my Microsoft Access legacy Web Browser control to the New Edge Browser Control?
Access Forever - Karl Donaubauer
NoLongerSet.com - Mike Wolfe
- An Early Look at Security Features in the New Browser Control
- Microsoft Access - Latest Innovations and the Road Ahead - Access DevCon 2023
- Microsoft Access: Edge Browser Control is finally here :) - Access World Forums: At 137 posts and counting, this is the most active discussion on the new Edge-based browser control on the internet right now. Access MVP Colin Riddington (aka, IslaDogs) is especially active in this thread and acts as a conduit between the forum posters and the Microsoft Access engineering team, both with reporting bugs and clarifying features.
I Need Your Help!
My goal with this post is to centralize as much information as I can about the new browser control. If you know of other resources that should be added, please let me know in the comments below and I will update the page accordingly. Thanks!