This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- The New Outlook and Access/VBA, by Karl Donaubauer
a.p.r. pillai (Learn MS-Access Tips and Tricks)
Maria Barnes (Business Data Bytes Newsletter)
Noah (Dykoski?) (Arkware)
Daniel Pineault (DEVelopers HUT)
Colin Riddington (Isladogs on Access)
Mike Wolfe (NoLongerSet)
Access User Group Recordings (YouTube channel)
Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Do While Loop (15:33): Do While Loops in Microsoft Access VBA
- While Wend Loop (18:44): While Wend Loops in Microsoft Access VBA
- For Next Loop (13:52): For Next Loops in Microsoft Access VBA
- Resize Images (31:20): Resize Images in Microsoft Access: Using FFmpeg & Paint with VBA - Advanced Developer Tutorial
- Account Balances Template - Release Update 3 (07:57)
- Access EOMONTH (14:22): Creating Excel's EOMONTH Function in Microsoft Access VBA: Date Manipulation Made Easy
Daniel Pineault (YouTube channel)
- Modern Web Browser Control - Image Editing (29:50): Crop , Flip, Rotate, Annotate, Draw, Adjust, ...
Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube channel)
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
Nothing new this week.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- September 26, 2023: Tom van Stiphout and Kim Young - Accessibility is for Everyone
- October 4, 2023: Juan Soto - The Future of Access
- October 5, 2023: Pat Hartman - Updateable Bound Forms with Denormalized Data
- October 19, 2023: Alessandro Grimaldi - "VBA Pills" - Access Tips and Tricks
- November 1, 2023: John Heaser - Extending Access with SQL Server – including Geography data
- November 2, 2023: John Colby - Event Driven Programming: Part II (Part I recording) (JUST ADDED)
- November 16, 2023: Alexander Denz - ChatGPT in Access
- December 6, 2023: Mike Wolfe - Streamline Your Import/Export Spec Workflow with VBA Classes (TOPIC JUST UPDATED)
- January 3, 2024: Ramachandran (A.P.R.) Pillai - Streamlining the Form Module Code in the standalone Class Module
- February 7, 2024: Carlos Quintero - Features of MZ-Tools to make you more productive with VBA
- March 6, 2024: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts in the new Edge Browser Control
- April 3, 2024: Dale Fye - Working with Command Bars and the Access Shortcut Tool (JUST ADDED)
- May 1, 2024: Colin Riddington - View & Edit Import/Export (IMEX) Data Task Specifications (JUST ADDED)
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between the last Week in Review (2023-09-16) and this one (2023-09-23).
The development priorities were last updated on October 12, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Our Road Ahead - Microsoft Access Engineering Priorities Oct 2022.
New priorities added since the previous set of priorities are shown in bold below. Dropped priorities are struck through.
- Continued Focus on Monthly Issue Fixes (Monthly Issue Fix Blog)
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New Macro Signing Support
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Floating Point
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Rich Text
- Dataverse Connector support to export to a specific Dataverse solution or publisher
Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access SQL Monaco Editor New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
NOV 2023: Making 32-bit Access Large Address Aware (LAA)
APR 2023: Modern Web Browser Control
MAR 2023: New Modern Web Browser Form Control