This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- How to counter rumours of Access' demise, by Karl Donaubauer
Mathieu Guindon (Rubberduck VBA)
Daniel Pineault (DEVelopers HUT)
Colin Riddington (Isladogs on Access)
Mike Wolfe (NoLongerSet)
Access User Group Recordings (YouTube channel)
- Using Temp Tables in Access to Manage Data Processing Tasks (1:03:25): by Linda Ewen
Denver Area Access Users Group (YouTube channel)
- The Current State of Access (1:11:48): by Karl Donaubauer
Alessandro Grimaldi (YouTube channel)
Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Max Value from Multiple Fields (18:33): How to Find the Maximum Value of Multiple Fields in the Same Record in Microsoft Access
- Alias (13:36): How to Create Aliases for Field Names in Microsoft Access Queries
- Multiple Joins Same Table (22:01): How to Make Multiple Relationship Joins to the Same Table in Microsoft Access
- Change Combo Box Sort (13:41): How to Change Combo Box Sort with One Click in Microsoft Access
- Find & Delete Duplicates (15:48): How to Find Duplicates and Delete Them in Microsoft Access
Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube MS Access playlist)
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- How to Write a Technical Tutorial, by Josh Alletto
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- March 1, 2023: Maria Barnes - Optimizing Queries in SQL Server
- March 2, 2023: Pat Hartman - Bad Data is Bad for Business (UPDATED SPEAKER AND TOPIC)
- April 5, 2023: Duane Hookom - (topic details to follow)
- April 6, 2023: Tom Wickerath and George Hepworth - Migrating Access Tables to SQL Server, a Comparison of Methods (RESCHEDULED FROM MARCH 2; UPDATED SPEAKERS)
- April 27-28, 2023: Access DevCon Vienna
- May 3, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- June 7, 2023: Thomas Pfoch - Maps for Microsoft Access
- July 5, 2023: Aleksander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- August 2, 2023: Thomas Möller - (topic details to follow)
- September 6, 2023: Juanjo Luna - Blazor: making a webApp
- October 4, 2023: Juan Soto - (topic details to follow)
- November 1, 2023: John Heaser - (topic details to follow)
- December 6, 2023: Mike Wolfe - (topic to be confirmed)
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between the last Week in Review (2023-02-11) and this one (2023-02-18). The development priorities were last updated on October 12, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Our Road Ahead - Microsoft Access Engineering Priorities Oct 2022.
New priorities added since the previous set of priorities are shown in bold below. Dropped priorities are struck through.
- Continued Focus on Monthly Issue Fixes (Monthly Issue Fix Blog)
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New Macro Signing Support
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Floating Point
- Dataverse Connector Data Type Support for Rich Text
- Dataverse Connector support to export to a specific Dataverse solution or publisher
Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access SQL Monaco Editor New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAR 2023: New Modern Web Browser Form Control