This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Modern Chart Reference, by Crystal Long
- Access – The Mysterious Case Of The Listbox Order Exception, by Daniel Pineault
- Access – Bar Code Generator, by Daniel Pineault
- Access AEK is Almost Upon Us, by Daniel Pineault
- Access – The Case Of The Missing Ribbon Icons, by Daniel Pineault
- VBA – Extracting What I Need From A String, by Daniel Pineault
- Microsoft’s Security Is Laughable!, by Daniel Pineault
- Edge – Invisible Menus, Where Did They Go?, by Daniel Pineault
- Microsoft Access Command-Line Switches, by Daniel Pineault
- UPDATED: Accurately Move Forms & Controls, by Colin Riddington
- Now the Shift from a Manual Problem to a Technology-Driven Solution is Easier than Ever, by Maria Barnes
- VIDEO: "Codifying" Long Names, by Mike Wolfe
- Unicode Private Use Areas in VBA, by Mike Wolfe
- PICNIC: The Underlying Cause of Many Technical Support Calls, by Mike Wolfe
- Unicode MsgBox Revisited, by Mike Wolfe
- Avoid Context Switching for More Readable Code, by Mike Wolfe
- Daniel Pineault (YouTube channel)
- Microsoft Access Command Line Switches (13:40)
- Fixing Microsoft Edge's Invisible Menus (3:17)
- Updating And Reverting Your Microsoft Office Build (9:14)
- Identifying Your Microsoft Office Installation Information (7:46): Including Office version, build number, and bitness
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Variable Scope (25:00): Variable Scope & Visibility in Microsoft Access VBA (Public, Private, Dim, Global, etc.)
- Resize Forms (25:49): Resize Microsoft Access Forms for Different Screen Sizes & Resolutions Using Anchoring. Zoom In/Out.
- Control Copy Technique (8:24): Tips on Copy & Paste Technique for Microsoft Access Form & Report Controls
- Form Profile (3:59): Microsoft Access Form Profile Template - Multiple Profiles for Different Screen Sizes, Colors, Etc.
- DSum (14:32): DSum Function with Multiple Criteria in Microsoft Access to Calculate Previous 30 Days Sales Totals
- First Day of the Week (11:05): How to Find the First and Last Days of the Week in Microsoft Access
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- September 27, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Using Text-to-Speech (TTS) in Access
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Cataloguing and searching emails with Access
- October 6, 2022: Brian Krotine - Hosting Access Applications "in the cloud"
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- December 7, 2022: Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- January 4, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less Communications to SQL Server
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-09-10) and this week (2022-09-17). The Access roadmap was last updated on May 31, 2022.
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)