This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- New Access Fixes in Version 2206 (Released June 29), by Michael Aldridge
- VBA to Draw Lines and Boxes on an Access Report, by Crystal Long
- ALERT: Broken semi-annual channel versions unable to export or output data – UPDATED, by Ben Clothier
- Azure mandating TLS 1.2 may break dependent .NET libraries, by Ben Clothier
- Access – Export to MySQL or Another RDMS, by Daniel Pineault
- What Ever Happened to Simple Forums?!, by Daniel Pineault
- UPDATED: How Access Stores Queries - the MSysQueries table (Part 1 of 2), by Colin Riddington (now an Access MVP!)
- Mama Mia! The Right Sauce Can Transform your Spaghetti-Like Data Into a 5-Star Performer, by Maria Barnes
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- No Data (8:44): On No Data Event. Displaying a Message if a Report Has No Records in Microsoft Access.
- Secondary Emails (26:14): Adding Secondary Email Addresses to Your Microsoft Access Database and Searching For Them!
- Limit Size of Long Text (17:32): Set a Maximum Size Limit for Long Text (Memo) Fields in Microsoft Access
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- Private this As TSomething, by Mathieu Guindon (Rubberduck VBA co-creator)
- How to Close a Main Form Without Saving Changes of any Subforms, by Access MVP Adrian Bell
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- September 1, 2022: Jack Stockton - Codifying Long Names into Unique Codes
- September 7, 2022: Colin Riddington - Optimizing Queries and the Use of JETSHOWPLAN
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Graphical Interfaces in Access
- October 6, 2022: Brian Krotine - Hosting Access Applications "in the cloud"
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- December 7, 2022: Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- January 4, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less connections to SQL Server
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-07-30) and this week (2022-08-06).
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)