This section includes videos, articles, and interesting discussions from the past 7 days.
- Build 15225.20288 Causing Attachment Problems! by Daniel Pineault
- Organizational Charts, by Daniel Pineault
- Happy 4th Birthday ‘Inconsistent State’ Bug, by Daniel Pineault
- Progress Bar, by Colin Riddington
- Updating Two different tables through one form
- Database Structure
- Run-time error 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument: Includes some good notes from The_Doc_Man on writing code while active form timers are running (tl;dr: don't do it)
- Colin Riddington [Isladogs] (YouTube channel)
- Building a Progress Bar in Access (13:51)
- Crystal Long (YouTube channel)
- Top Values per Group (5:27): Get Top Values per Group using a Subquery in Access ~ DataPig
- Top Values: Number or % (2:03): Using TOP Values in an Access Query ~ DataPig
- Richard Rost (YouTube channel)
- Value List Combo Boxes (16:50): How to Create a Value List Combo Box Microsoft Access
- Fast Tips: WeekDay (8:46): How to Display the Day of the Week that a Particular Date Falls On in Microsoft Access (Weekday)
- Find Record (22:15): Microsoft Access Search: Find a Record on My Form Based on the Value I Selected in my Combo Box
- Access Amort 2.0 (12:29): Microsoft Access Loan Amortization Template 2.0 - Introduction for New Users. Welcome!
- Access Amort 2.0 Upgrade (25:00): Microsoft Access Loan Amortization Template 2.0 - Upgrade Video for Current Users
- Access Beginner 2, Level 3 (12:52): Form Formatting, The Grid, Properties, Themes
- Pharos Technology [Dr. Richard Hanson] (YouTube channel)
- Number Formatting (7:28): Microsoft Access Number Formatting
NOTE: The new videos posted to Crystal's YouTube page are part of an effort to preserve the Access content of retiring creators.
New to Me
This section includes content I discovered this week that has been around for awhile.
- VBA-Web: A Github repo maintained by Tim Hall that, "makes working with complex webservices and APIs easy with VBA"
- Excel is like a pickup truck, Access is like a freight train: Clever analogy in this Quora answer from Jim Christmas
Upcoming Access User Group Events
NOTE: Only English-language user group meetings with scheduled guest speakers or topics are listed. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the Access User Group event calendar.
- July 6, 2022: Mike Wolfe - Building Ribbon Interfaces in Code
- July 21, 2022: Richard Rost - Custom List Box Columns
- August 3, 2022: Peter Cole - Automating 32-bit to 64-bit VBA Conversion
- September 1, 2022: Jack Stockton - Codifying Long Names into Unique Codes
- September 7, 2022: Colin Riddington - Optimizing Queries and the Use of JETSHOWPLAN
- October 5, 2022: Alessandro Grimaldi - Graphical Interfaces in Access
- November 2, 2022: George Hepworth - Power Apps for Access Developers
- December 7, 2022: Alexsander Wojtasz - Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access
- January 4, 2023: Peter Bryant - Automating DSN-less connections to SQL Server
- February 1, 2023: Thomas Möller - Better Access Charts
There were NO CHANGES to the roadmap between last week (2022-06-11) and this week (2022-06-18).
Listed below is a snapshot of the official Access Roadmap.
"In Development", "Rolling Out", and "Launched" are Microsoft terms that I pulled straight from the public roadmap.
"Development Priorities" do not appear on the Access Roadmap. Instead, they get updated from time to time in official Access blog posts. I'll include a link to the official Access blog post that lists the current development priorities as they get updated.
The items listed below reflect Microsoft's order of priority and were published in the following article, Changes to Our Public Roadmap and How We Communicate Access Feature Priorities.
- Inconsistent Database Error Fix
- New (Modern) Web Browser Control (to support Chromium Edge)
- Enabling Large Address Aware (LAA) for 32-Bit Access
- SQL Monaco Editor
- New Microsoft Graph Data Connector
MAY 2022: Access Dataverse Connector
JAN 2021: Access: ODBC Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)
JAN 2021: Access: DAO Interface Support (without ACE Redistributable Engine)